Vega Youth Center
Vega Youth Center is a non-profit, non-governmental organization, founded in 2000 and based in Belgrade, Serbia. Our vision is to build a quality environment for the growth and development of children and youth, through creativity, culture, new technologies, activism and non formal education.
The objectives of the organization are:
- Improving the quality of education and encouraging the development of creativity, visual culture, art, crafts, DIY culture, activism, environmental awareness and critical thinking of children and youth through a variety of educational and self-educational programs
- Developing a program of media literacy, media activism, critical understanding of the media and media productions for children and young people
- Creating a network, the establishment of close cooperation and exchanges with similar organizations at home and abroad
- Support young people to better understand the cultures that surround them by encouraging youth mobility, intercultural communication and inclusion.
- Improving the quality of life of marginalized social groups through the creation of working conditions, as well as assisting in the further education of young people without parental care
- Encouraging the development of awareness of the importance of social innovation and entrepreneurship
Vega achieves its goals through
- Non-formal education of children and young people
- Mobility of young people
- Programs on social innovation and entrepreneurship
- Programs on social protection and childre rights
Target group: Children and young people of all social and demographic backgrounds.